I started this recipe from one in The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain. I thought it was good but could use a little more flavor so I added some ginger and black pepper.
1 lbs boneless sirloin steak
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup of burgundy wine
1 large onion
2 green or red peppers cut into strips(I usually use on of each)
2 stalks of celery
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon of black pepper
3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Remove all visible fat and cut beef into strips.
- Mix oil, garlic, wine, ginger and black pepper. Pour half over meat and let marinade while you prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the carrots, peppers, into strips, cut the onion into wedges. Cut up celery. Saute with remaining oil/wine mixture until onion is soft, about 4 minutes, remove from heat and cover.
- Saute beef until browned and just about cooked to your liking.
- Add vegetables, and lemon juice and cook for another 3 minutes.
Sometimes I add some cashews in the last step to add some fun.